Star Wisdom comes alive through active embodiment within each participant, made possible by working together in the instrument of the StarHouse—or within your sacred imagination in your own home. This immersion facilitates each participant forming conscious relationships with zodiacal and planetary beings.Registration Closed
Join us for an exploration, based on spiritual science and star wisdom, into the following themes:
This course, to train practitioners in Star Wisdom will take place in the StarHouse June 2022. It is designed to train beginners who are willing to ride a steep learning-curve, and long-time astrologers.
Our teaching weaves experiential activities (embodiment) and conceptual learning so you learn it more thoroughly.
On-line too: The course combined in-person and live-streamed, very interactive. A manager coordinated actively with those attending on-line. In-room experiences deepened the on-line experience.
Viruses and restrictions: We expect that there will be, as in 2021, a lull that makes gathering feasible at that time of year. We will determine closer to the event how we will work with the latest requirements of government bodies. At least two of the three presenters will be in the room for the course.
Video introductions: Scroll down to see the presenters discuss this course (and any of our courses give you an idea of our style).
To learn more about the StarHouse,
watch this short video.
Goals of this Course
- To provide each participant with her/his birth chart based on the findings of New Astrology
- To learn about yourself by learning to read your own birth chart
- To learn about others through practice in reading the birth charts of others
- To provide participants with the basic tool kit of an astrologer, with charts and tables and other tools, and how to use them. We will give you chapters of the Star-Wise manuscript on which the three presenters are presently working, as well as a copy of our book Star Wisdom & Rudolf Steiner.
- To learn to better assess your own life direction as well as that of others through increased understanding and astrological skill
- StarHouse provides a star map, and can be worked as an instrument to help you experience and embody the miracle of your birth chart
- To cultivate our sense for star wisdom by opening our awareness of the celestial beings and powers of the heavenly spheres. (Though it is said you can’t tell a fish about water, we are doing just that—we will observe different qualities of the celestial environment in which we are swimming all the time.)
- To develop and foster a community of practitioners of this New Astrology who can communicate about discoveries growing out of ongoing research and experience
Find out more about our approach
Our approach to astrology is informed and inspired by Rudolf Steiner’s indications found sprinkled throughout his six thousand lectures, as it has been developed by a small group of astrosophers over several decades. This deeper understanding of, and interaction with, the heavens is based on:
- A sidereal (star-based) view of the heavens, emphasizing the active and dynamic role of the beings working from stars and constellations
- Equal length zodiacal signs (relating to the lineage of Zarathustra), equal houses, and recognizing the Earth’s role and significance to the birth chart
- Anthroposophy (thus called astrosophy, with its particular guidance for understanding the beings indwelling the zodiacal and planets)
- Identifying and working with spiritual themes in our lives in a way made practical by the research of Robert Powell, and the indications of cosmic Christianity, as understood through Anthroposophy.
- And other features that we will teach.
To see a list of all of our Star Wisdom course. CLICK HERE
Some topics that we will cover:
- New and traditional methods for interpreting a birth chart
- Zodiacal constellations in the birth chart
- Understanding the meaning in the patterns of the moving planets
- Planetary aspects in the birth chart
- The important role of the twelve equal houses, in the birth chart
- How transiting planets interplay in the time-stream of life, presenting challenges and opportunities
- Determining the time of conception and its own chart
- The care necessary to regard the information of a person’s sacred birth moment with reverence and understanding
- The importance of understanding reincarnation and karma for human development
- The journey between death and rebirth, and why that is important for human destiny
- Human Life phases: the 7-year periods of our life biography and the relation of those periods to the planetary spheres
- The role of self-development for a practitioner of New Astrology
Enrollment and Application
Commitment: This intensive requires participation in five-plus full days.
Dates: Begin Thursday evening, June 23, 2022, 7 PM, through midday Tuesday June 28. On June 24-27, we will go from 8 AM to 5 PM. Evenings are for homework, integration, and optional study groups. Lunches will be provided, including the last day, Tuesday.
Limits: Enrollment will be limited to 24 in-person participants and others will participate on-line. In-person will go through an application process. More important than years practicing astrology is your motivation to learn. Our present on-line courses (New Astrology, series 1 and series 2) will be made available to all registered participants and can provide a strong foundation to a motivated person with little experience. After application for In-person participants, one of our team will arrange a phone call to interview you.
Scholarship program: We plan to have a scholarship program to which those of means can contribute. Please consider contributing to this fund to support others taking this course.
Costs: Cost of on-site/in-person for the whole course $1100. On-line (live-streaming) $800. A deposit will hold your place.
Meals and Snacks: Lunches provided every day including Tuesday (just after the end of the course). Dietary restrictions are queried on the application. Snacks and tea are provided mid-morning and mid-afternoon every day.
Lodging: You will need to find your own lodging and transport. Some lodging is available in nearby residences, and the Retreat Cabin near the StarHouse. These can fill up quickly, so please make your request soon. Other lodgings nearby are the Boulder Adventure Lodge (a-lodge.com), which fills up in summertime quickly. More information will be sent after registration.
Questions about the course
Tune in to our Zoom broadcasts, brief presentations of aspects of this course, with lots of time for Q&A. Intended to total 20 minutes in length. These are given on different days so you might find one that would work best for you. Each of these brief sessions will be different!
Recorded Q&A sessions
March 25 presentation to Front Range Anthroposophical Café [Recording]
April 7, [Recording]
April 20, [Recording]
May 24, 10am Mountain [Recording]
June 9th, 7pm Mountain [Recording}
Watch a short video from the three presenters.
Learn more about the course
About the Facilitators
Brian Gray has been a student of Anthroposophy since 1976, and of astrology since 1966. He has been a teacher of subjects related to Anthroposophy and star wisdom at Rudolf Steiner College for 38 years. Brian is also the author of star wisdom articles (published in the Journal for Star Wisdom) and is a presenter of several video courses on WiseCosmos.org.
Robert Schiappacasse has been involved for many years as a national leader in the Waldorf and independent school movement, serving in leadership roles and as an advisor for North American Waldorf schools on school administration, organization, and governance. Robert began studying astrology in 1971, and later studied with astrosophy pioneer Willi Sucher. He has been a student of Rudolf Steiner’s Anthroposophy for more than 40 years. Robert is the author of star wisdom articles (published in the Journal for Star Wisdom), and is the co-author of the book Star Wisdom & Rudolf Steiner.
David Tresemer, Ph.D. is the founder of the StarHouse in Boulder, Colorado, and the developer of the Solar Cross system for the “star poem” qualities of each of the 360 zodiacal degrees. He has been an organic/biodynamic farmer and written The Scythe Book: Mowing Hay, Cutting Weeds, and Harvesting Small Grains with Hand Tools, which has sold a thousand copies every year for forty years. He is the author of star wisdom articles (published in the Journal for Star Wisdom and other books), and is the co-author of the book Star Wisdom & Rudolf Steiner. David is editor and contributor to The Counselor… As If Soul and Spirit Matter, and the past president of the Association for Anthroposophic Psychology.
What participants are saying...
"The course is helping me, as I am growing my knowledge of myself and Anthroposophy in such a special way. It ties together key concepts from Rudolf Steiner and real world potential from the starry skies. It has also caused me to pause and listen more. Thank you so very much for sharing your knowledge and time to help initiate us greenhorns into the amazing world of Astrosophy!" ~ RH
"My goodness ... hard to pin down to one aspect... but a wise deepening of who I am, where I have come from and where I am going... life long questions I have been working on and thanks to this course I feel I have come along in leaps and bounds." ~ MS
"I loved the way the course was structured to allow for personal self-driven engagement with the material following the sessions. I wanted to extend the learning beyond the session itself." ~ AM
"The course is succinct, well thought out, and progressively builds on previous info. The presenters are knowledgeable, easy to understand, interact beautifully, and sprinkle in some fun too! It is great that recordings of the sessions are available for review. The resource list was also much appreciated." ~ AM
"I have had charts done before and they all seemed foreign to me, did not feel like me. With your version, ... the chart felt like me, something that I can work with my feelings as well as my intellect." ~ CS
"I really love your integrated approach to explaining concepts. I like being able to slow down and review the wealth of info in the recorded presentations so it can sink in. All of you have great passion for your work and it shows." ~ AN
"Even if I've worked with the zodiac and planets through doing eurythmy training, this has greatly enhanced my relationship and perception of these realities. As well, a new understanding of my life is dawning, granting me new impulses. I particularly appreciated living in the movement of going from the understanding of the physical body (through the zodiac) to the etheric body (planets), to the astral body (planets relationships), ending with the ego body (houses). This coupled with Venus-type and Sun-type aspects in addition to the well-known Mars-type and Mercury-type ones, are really a foundation to understanding astrology very differently. I truly appreciated your course and hope to be part of the next one." ~ CG