Experience the New Moon Each Month,
Connect with the Lunar Rhythm All Year
What soul seeds are you longing to plant under the fertile soil of the dark moon?
What sacred practices help you feel refreshed and enlivened with each new moon?
Every dark moon offers the opportunity for us to pause and breathe new life into what we desire ~ personally and for the collective. We take this time to listen, remember, and connect with our innate ways of knowing.
Step into an embodied rhythm with New Moons to discover, deepen, and/or ritualize your practice!
Guided by the lunar rhythm, we will enliven our manifestations and refresh our hopes as we embrace each new beginning. Rooted in the Earth while reaching for the sky, we will whisper prayers of intention and ceremonially anchor them for each restorative lunar cycle.
Join us in person at The StarHouse over the coming 10 months
to cultivate a conscious relationship with the Sun and Moon, as well as the planets and stellar beings of the zodiac.
What happens at a New Moon Ceremony?
During these live, in-person ceremonies, we will explore:
- the position of the moon in relationship to other celestial beings
- the influence and gifts bestowed from the zodiacal being hosting the New Moon
- a particular botanical being for each lunar cycle as terrestrial gateways to celestial wisdom from the planets
- meditations and embodiment practices to invite deeper contemplation, connection, and communion
- guidance on and ideas for personal ritual for the coming month
The evenings at the StarHouse will be shaped and guided by:
- Gentle teachings rooted in astrology, herbalism, embodiment, mythopoetic resonance, and earth-based practices
- Rituals for renewal and tools to refresh with each New Moon cycle
- Inspiration from and awareness of the seen and unseen beings who join us
- The essence of the constellation (zodiac sign) hosting each New Moon
- Collective co-creative energies that come alive when we gather together in our circle
BONUS: New Moon Ritual Kits!
Each month a collection of sacred tools is thoughtfully curated, cosmically designed, and intentionally crafted to enliven and inspire your at-home rituals.
When you commit to the 10-month experience, you'll get a personal kit every month ($300 value) which includes:
- A botanical ally is highlighted based on a resonant plant + planet relationship for that lunar cycle—inviting you to explore the gateway between the terrestrial and celestial.
- Herbal remedies—such as flower essences, tinctures, teas, or spirit waters—are mindfully created with those botanicals grown organically on The StarHouse land.
- Additional items included in the kit may include: talisman-type tokens, words of inspiration from star poems, elemental tools, and/or symbolic geometries.
Member discounts are available. We are committed to creating an inclusive community for spiritual practice; if the cost is a barrier, please contact us to explore options for access or assistance.
NEW MOON EVENT DATES:
At The StarHouse, 6:30-8:45pm
*June New Moon coincides with Summer Solstice & will be celebrated at that event on June 17 (separate ticket purchase required).
MONTHLY NEW MOONS
DROP-IN/PAY AS YOU GO
Join us for any single New Moon ritual at The StarHouse to set your intentions for the coming month.
Guided by our stellar StarHouse team, you’ll meet the herbal and cosmic allies ready to support you on that particular lunar cycle, based in sidereal astrology.
Come access your own deep gnosis while communing with the moon and weaving with a community dedicated to honoring earth’s rhythms!
Member discounts are available. Does not include a take-home ritual kit.
What is a New Moon? How can this support me?
At New Moon, the Sun and Moon are “together” in the sky from our perspective on Earth, so that the Moon is between the Sun and the Earth.
At this point in the lunar cycle, direct access to the Sun’s gift of light and warmth is reduced, so we must find the radiance from within our own being. New Moons emphasize creativity from everyone—experiencing your own Sun shining from within.
Foster deeper connection, belonging and engagement with the StarHouse, Sacred Sites, surrounding wild lands, and the growing global community that nurtures this Sacred Place!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I purchase a ritual kit if I register for the Monthly Drop in option?
- Unfortunately, we will not offer stand-alone ritual kits for purchase. The curated ritual kits require planning and foresight so we can create remedies from plant allies through the growing season that are in alignment with each New Moon and the corresponding planetary influences. Our materials will be crafted in advance for individuals who pre register for the entire New Moon arc.
If I live outside the Boulder, CO area am I able to connect virtually to the event?
- The 2023 New Moon Arc events are offered IN-PERSON only, held at The StarHouse. While New Moons were available online throughout the pandemic, and we appreciated the option to connect via zoom, we do not offer a hybrid or remote option for these events at this time.
If I sign up for the entire 10-month arc, and then change my mind, will I be able to cancel the rest of the subscription?
- If extenuating circumstance should arise, cancellations will be considered on a case by case basis. Please contact us for consideration.
When does registration close for the 10-month commitment?
- Registration for the New Moon Arc will close on March 31, 2023.
Who are these New Moon Events for?
- These events are inclusive of every body. Ages 13 and up. No prior experience is necessary to take part in our celestial gatherings.
Are events at the Starhouse accessible for people with disabilities?
- Since the terrain surrounding the StarHouse is mountainous and forested, and walking paths/roads are uneven and unpaved, we offer accommodations for drop-off/pick-up close to the facilities and/o accessible parking adjacent to both The StarHouse and the Water House (bathroom facilities). Please notify our team in advance if you would like to access one of these options so we can welcome and direct you onsite!
If I pre-purchased a ticket, and am unable to make an event, can I transfer my registration to someone else?
- Yes, with at least 72 hours notice. Please send us their name, email and phone number so we can welcome them onsite in lieu of you—and so they can receive any preparation emails or event cancellation notifications.
Please contact us via email with any questions for now!
About the Facilitators
Tracy Koivisto is a certified clinical herbalist, certified astrologer, holistic nutritionist, and medicinal herb grower. She weaves plant medicine and astrology into her holistic, vitalist approach, serving as a guide for individuals on a path to remember their own bodies' innate wisdom. Tracy encourages the cultivation of relationship and allyship between people, plants, and planets. As a medicinal herb grower, manager of Earthstar Farm, and steward on the StarHouse land, Tracy has a deep way of engaging in sacred connection with the botanical and natural world. She has a Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Somatic Therapy & Ecotherapy. Tracy participated in and helped facilitate the Sacred Arts Practitioner (SAP) program in 2019 and has been co-creating the New Moon Journeys at the StarHouse for the past 3+ years.
Corin Blanchard, M.Ed. is a relational alchemist and structural integrator who is passionate about embodied, creative, whole-systems health for individuals, organizations and our shared planet. With twenty years' experience in educational nonprofits and social enterprise, and twelve years as an entrepreneur and business owner ~ including a private bodywork practice as a Certified Rolfer™ and serving as a ceremonialist and officiant ~ she brings a wide range of educational, facilitative, and leadership skills. Corin graduated from Path of the Ceremonial Arts (PCA) through StarHouse in 2015, was program director for the Sacred Arts Practitioner (SAP) Program in 2019, has co-led a wide variety of seasonal and celestial ceremonial celebrations, and has served on the board of directors of The StarHouse since January 2019.